--On Monday, September 20, 2004 8:12 AM -0700 Nate Campi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you're using BIND it's generally best to use nsupdate since you're
not likely to introduce errors into the zone file this way.

There also is a Perl module that can handle this, Net::DNS::Update, which is part of the Net::DNS package. We use it extensively to do thousands of DDNS updates a day to our zones.

-David

David Nolan                    <*>                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
curses: May you be forced to grep the termcap of an unclean yacc while
     a herd of rogue emacs fsck your troff and vgrind your pathalias!