Hey,

This month's SysAdmin magazine also has an article on using Net::DNS to do
DDNS zone updates (not that anyone fooling around with BIND shouldn't have
the cookbook sitting on there desk -- I didn't review so I'm a little less
biased).

If you are a perl hacker, then
http://search.cpan.org/~crein/Net-DNS-0.48/lib/Net/DNS.pm is probably a good
start.