<<
 How do I create the heartbeats. It looks like I should use a monitor
 plugin for this purpose, since it will then verify that mon is
 executing the plugins.  But I must be missing something, since I would
 expect there to allready be a hearbeatsend.monitor included in the
 package.

OK. I found remote.alert which sends a trap.  So I could modify this,
or maybe use it, as is, associated with a failalways.monitor to trigger
it.

Still not sure if I'd be badly reinventing a wheel. Is there a clean
proven way allready implemented?

Same thing for the configuration stab.  Is there a working example?

Thanks in advance for advice,
Michael