On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 06:17:39PM -0800, Michael Vogt wrote:

> I don't understand the following in the mon man page:
>
> "In addition to environment variables defined by the user in the
> service definition, mon passes certain variables to monitor process."
>
> Is this a way to feed this info to a monitor?

Clumsily, yes.  You can define arbitrary environment variables in
mon.cf that will be added to the environment when the monitor is called.
Here's a clipping from my mon.cf:

   service diskspace
      description less than 5% disk space free?
      MIBDIRS=/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs
      COMMUNITY=mumble
      interval 15m
      monitor snmpdiskspace.monitor

Note how I define MIBDIRS and COMMUNITY, both of which are used by
the monitor script.  You could define "MONGROUP=mailservers" to
pass a group name in, though you'd have to hard-code it for each
monitor entry.