My simple plan was hacking in 'sub run_monitor' ...but I'm not the one to
tell...

Mon should't really know the differens between this monitor and an external
monitor.
Thats why I kept the monitor config option. But in some way tell mon to do the
"monitoring" internally instead. i.e checking values in %watch{...}

If this is possible, all the things about interval, dependencies should be
handled like any other monitor...i.e no change...

Like Harry Moyes told me, this could be implemented using a standard "external"
monitor, using the Mon::Client interface. But one of the goals was minimizing
system resources to do this job.
An external monitor is maybe the cleanest way to solve the problem. I dont
know!.