I remember back in the pre-1.0 days, there were a number of ideas related
to monotone fundamentals that were promising, but I don't remember having
been implemented.  What's the status of those ideas?  Are they still being
discussed on the wiki somewhere, or here?

Specifically, I remember questions about netsync horizons as an approach to
the long-pull problem, policy branches, a couple of other things.

I also remember having a couple of conversations about monotone's internals
- that the test acceptance hooks are sort of impractical since they rely on
cert-per-test and only provide pass-fail data about tests, and that there's
a fair amount of monotone that isn't re-entrant, which makes writing
complex user-functions pretty limited.

So, seeing an email from a few months back that seemed to suggest that
monotone is kind of done - no one seems to be keen to continue development,
and everyone seems satisfied - was a little disheartening.

What is the status of monotone as a project?

Judson