Hi Marcus,

Do you have a C# class with the same name as the .xib?

If not, then this isn't a bug; MonoDevelop doesn't create header files from
.xibs, it creates them from C# classes.

If you do have an associated C# class, then you are likely hitting the same
bug others have reported. This bug seems to be some sort of race condition
because neither I nor anyone in our QA department has been able to
reproduce this yet. I've implemented a possible fix for 2.8.8 but have no
way of testing that it solves it.

If you'd like, try downloading and installing this build of MonoDevelop:

http://files.xamarin.com/~jeff/MonoDevelop-7f7438379ac6335725b411d0a0f96b817c626f7b.dmg

Hope that helps,

Jeff