Thanks to all for the warm welcome to the group.  I am leaning very
heavily in favor of the M-17 at this point.  I like the "mini keel" and
centerboard as opposed to the daggerboard in the P-19.  The one point
where the P-19 seems to win some points is its positive floatation.  I am
sure I will have questions about difficulty of single handed launching,
etc.  Is there an archive for this list so I don't bother folks with
questions that have been asked a thousand times?  Stan, I am familiar with
Bug's Island Lake.  Another good sailing lake in NC is Lake Norman down
around Charlotte.

Thanks again for the welcome,
Jim


Stanley Winarski wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
> Welcome aboard.  I took my M-15 to Buggs Island Lake for a week last
> summer.  Great campgrounds there which you may know is SW of Smith
> Mountain on the NC-Virginia border.  It was a great sailing location -
> very different from the Chesapeake Bay.  Catching the winds (sometimes
> very exciting gusts) as they scooted around the different points was
> fun and it wasn't too unusual to have winds coming from totally
> different directions moments apart.  We had sailed on lakes in Texas
> and Missouri so weren't too surprised with the wind shifts.  Since
> moving to Hampton we've mostly been on salt water with fairly constant
> winds.  Thought we'd do Bugg's again this year but times seems to be
> getting away from us.
>
> Keep us posted on your quest - and do yourself a favor, be sure to
> check out the Montgomery before you buy anything else.
>
> Stan
> M-15, #177, Carol II
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to