Hi Jerry,

Yesterday, I hauled my M15 out of the water to put it to bed for the
year.

As it came out of the water, with the mast up, an overzealous friend
driving my car wanted to be helpful and instead of just parking the rig,
started driving it around the corner to the Marina.

A large oak tree, with branches over the road, was the obstacle, and when
mast hit oak branch - despite my yelling S T O P!!!! - the mast lost the
battle.

It collapsed with about a 90 degree bend just below the middle of the
mast.

He backed up and parked the rig, stammering apologies, but the damage was
done.

I tried straighening the mast by using a handy oak tree trunk and a large
granite boulder, but the best I could do was to go from a 90 degree bend
to about 120 degrees.  At that point the forces increased, and simply
leaning on the end of the mast to bend it wouldn't do.

It was enough so that I could put the mast in the holder of the trailer
and drive home.

Question:

Can a mast be straightened, or is it scrap?

Where did you buy the masts ?  (I most likely need a new one)

Do you have any mast specs.; drawings; that I could use to tell the mast
manufacturer what I want, and how to build it?  .......or do I just give
him the old one and say, duplicate it?

If I get a new one from a local mast manufacturer, do you have any
improvements, or recommendations that you would incorporate?   . ...a
"Tee" top for easier installation of a topping lift? Upgraded hardware?

Tell me where to sip the FORSTERS Lager

Connie Benneck
M15  #400  LEPPO
Glastonbury, CT








_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to