Connie,

My condolences for your mast.

I've managed to avoid "doing a job" on may mast over the years only 
through good luck and happenstance.

For what it is worth re: wires in the mast:

After I "wired" lights on my mast (made a base out of an aluminum door 
kick panel) I was amazed at how much noise that little wire made inside 
the mast during a windy night on board.  In fact, I was so amazed. I 
spent the better part of the night marveling at the noise.

When I got home I re-ran the wires through a thin walled pvc pipe (much 
lighter than the standard thickness tube) and inserted that up the 
mast.  That too had some movement inside the mast and I wondered if it 
would also be noisy under some conditions.  So, in keeping with the 
philosophy that if one aspirin is good, two would be better,  I gilded 
the lilly and slipped foam insulating tubes over the pvc pipe.  They 
are available in builder supply stores, weigh almost nothing, and 
snugged the whole works very nicely inside the mast.  So far (four 
months), so good.

Stan Winarski
M-15, #177, Carol II




_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to