>> How did the P19 compare to the M17?<<

Hmmmmm..let me answer that.  I looked at a new P-19 (6 yrs ago) when I was
looking for a sail boat.  The WWP 15 was long in my mind...but decided that
this lass with golden locks was higher on my priorities in the late '60's,
so the P-15 was put on the back burner for about 28 years.

When the last kid left the nest, the Admirable decided it was time to give
the O.F. sailing lessons, and as we both enjoyed the school, decided to get
our own boat.

We looked at many boats...and I narrowed it down to the Precision and
Potter lines. Larry Barkhuff sent me a M-17 brochure, and I was interested.

I saw a P-19 in the next town, looked at it, sat in it and didn't really
like it. I saw the Precisions at a boat show in Tampa, and liked them.

Decided on the Precision 18 (or 21 if I found one).  A friend sent a Fla.
sailboat trader with several P-18 & 21's in it....and a strange looking
small pic that turned out to be a M-17!!

I set up my itinerary, saw the M-17, and the rest is history<GG>

  Harvey/ Ga
M-17  Stargazer  #294

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to