Irv: The ballast is iron on the older boats. On the boats with the glass board, I think the ballast is lead. There is also lead in the glass centerboard to keep it down. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Irvin Kooris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Maria Jorge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "For and about Montgomery Sailboats" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 10:01 PM Subject: Re: M_Boats: Iron Ballast
> Maria, > Any idea about the keel ballast is it lead or steel that can rust. > Irv > > On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 07:18 PM, Maria Jorge wrote: > > > Irv: > > My boat is a 1986 hull number 406 and I have a glass board. Doug > > King's boat > > is a 1986 hull number 404 and I believe has the iron centerboard. I > > may very > > well have the first glass board 17 (can't find a listing for hull > > number > > 405. > > Maria > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Irvin Kooris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats" > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 6:23 PM > > Subject: M_Boats: Iron Ballast > > > > > >> Does anyone know the last year iron ballast was used in the 17? > >> Thanks > >> Irv > >> > >> > >> _______________________________________________ > >> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > > > > > _______________________________________________ > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
