Hi Don,

At our "Transfer Station", the new fancy title for the Town dump, I
picked up some discarded oil containers.

I chose the EXXON ones, being a nice bright red, and therefore easy to
spot in the sail locker.

Mine have been used for about two years now, and there is no problem with
swelling due to gasoline expansion.  They live in the bottom of my port
sail locker, and so stay cool (lake water temperature).

If you would like to add a bit of safety, then how about filling them
when the outside temperature is cold, and then squeezing the oil
container as you put on the cap to remove as much air as possible.  Then
the gasoline could expand a bit without bulging the container.

None of my container has ever bulged.

For longer trips with more engine running time, I have built myself a
hose with an outboard pump bulb in the line (available from WEST Marine
or probably any place selling outboards).  

Now I can put the 1 gallon tank in the cockpit, put the long end of the
hose in the one gallon tank and the bulb with the short hose end is no
inserted into the HONDA fuel tank where I can I squeeze the bulb until
the tank is filled.  No trying to hold a heavy gallon container; no
spillage (over a hot engine); - total control of the refueling operation.

Connie

M15  #400  LEPPO

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to