Regarding your downhaul, four feet off the deck is probably no big deal.  I attach my 
downhaul to the second rather than top sail hank to avoid fouling and I bet I've got 3 
or 4 feet still up too, come to think about it.  I've not seen a wire to rope headsail 
halyard but what do I know.  Less windage and all that I guess.  You'd want to make 
sure the sheave in the block is designed for wire, but I don't see any reason to 
change it out otherwise.  t 

Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
Sandpoint, Idaho
M15-345, Chukar
M17-064, Unnamed


PS: Connie, the FIRST thing I did when I rigged the
boat was put a downhaul on, but thanks for the tip
anyway! I have wire halyards though and they won't let
the downhaul come all the way down. They stop about 4
feet from the tack, should I replace them? Thanks
again, -R.




=====
"In a power boat you may get there faster,
 but in a sailboat you are already there."


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


This message was scanned for viruses!!


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to