I very much need to learn to do so . . . I needed to do so on the 20th, while sailing 
against 2-3' waves in
20-25 knot winds.  I needed to stop and trouble-shoot . . .

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 3:23 PM
Subject: Push, pull, push, pull.....

Craig,

Heaving to was originally created to solve the heavy weather problem.

If the wind is blowing too hard; you're tired of bashing into it; you
want some peace and quiet; or you just want to snooze in the middle of
the ocean, while not going anywhere; then just heave to, and the problem
is solved.

See the Pardey's book, or almost any long distance sailor's book and they
will all give you a detailed description of how to do it;  why you want
this in your bag of sailing tricks; and when to use it.

You can really use it almost anytime you feel like parking the boat;
slowing down the motion; or just sitting there admiring the scenery
without going anywhere.

Try it, you'll like it.

Connie

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to