Hi Tom
When I couldn't find suitable sheaves to fit unside the masthead to replace
the
 wire to rope halyards on my M17, I just bought two small blocks
& fastened them to the top of the mast, one for the main & one for the jib.
Works great & super simple.

Wayne M17 #204
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Smith, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 5:17 PM
Subject: RE: M_Boats: M15 masthead sheaves



I recall this being discussed at one time by Rich Cottrell and Seth M.

I've thought about replacing the wire-to-rope halyard on our M15 with low
stretch line.  Inspecting the masthead sheaves, (which are sized for 1/4
line and not grooved for wire) I see the wire has been chaffing the leading
edge of the masthead fixture/rivet, but no damage is evident on the wire
halyard itself (no meathooks or shiny wear).  In my search for a delrin
replacement, (approx. 1.5" dia, 3/8" thick, with a 1/4" clevis pin and sized
for an as yet undeterimed halyard size...) I'm batting zilch.  I can't even
find anything close to original equipment replacement.

Has anyone had success in this area?


Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
Sandpoint, Idaho
M15-345, Chukar
M17-064, Unnamed




_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats




_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to