They're fine Jerry--matter of fact, we replaced them when Jane and I came down to 
sacatomatoes for the race in Oakland in 2000.  But they are definately too small.  The 
wire is chafing a groove in the head of the rivet that holds the masthead truck in 
place.  I'm thinking the problem was a case of Bud in the first place...  

Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
Sandpoint, Idaho
M15-345, Chukar
M17-064, Unnamed





-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Montgomery [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 8:42 PM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: Re: M_Boats: M15 masthead sheaves


Tom- Are the old alum sheaves still OK?  If so, why not use them?  I have a
bunch of the original sheaves if you need some.  I might consider trading a
couple for a case of Bud- not that cheap foreign stuff you usually drink.

Jerry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Smith, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 3:17 PM
Subject: RE: M_Boats: M15 masthead sheaves


>
> I recall this being discussed at one time by Rich Cottrell and Seth M.
>
> I've thought about replacing the wire-to-rope halyard on our M15 with low
stretch line.  Inspecting the masthead sheaves, (which are sized for 1/4
line and not grooved for wire) I see the wire has been chaffing the leading
edge of the masthead fixture/rivet, but no damage is evident on the wire
halyard itself (no meathooks or shiny wear).  In my search for a delrin
replacement, (approx. 1.5" dia, 3/8" thick, with a 1/4" clevis pin and sized
for an as yet undeterimed halyard size...) I'm batting zilch.  I can't even
find anything close to original equipment replacement.
>
> Has anyone had success in this area?
>
>
> Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
> Sandpoint, Idaho
> M15-345, Chukar
> M17-064, Unnamed
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


This message was scanned for viruses!!


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to