The spinnaker block for an M15 is fastend about a foot higher than the jib halyard block, so the chute is flown well below the masthead. M15s fly spinnakers all the time. t
Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle Sandpoint, Idaho M15-345, Chukar M17-064, Unnamed -----Original Message----- From: G Burmeyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 11:48 PM To: Montgomery Boats Subject: Re: M_Boats: M15 Spinnaker track location Rich, Tell me I can fly a kite from an M15! Is this really feasible with a fractional rig and no backstay? Without some support high up, I would think you'd be looking at a broken mast. Tell me I'm wrong and you've made my day. George Burmeyer M15 #385 On 2/23/04 5:30 PM, "Richard Cottrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Tom: > > Sailing downwind with the spinnaker is as fun as it > gets. I think having a spinnaker car is an excellent > idea since the spinnaker flys alot lower in light > winds compared with moderate winds. Two feet from the > base of the mast is not too low, in my opinion. I'd > run it up the mast two and a half feet. I three fixed > pole rings. I use all three to attach the halyards > when not in use. Have you installed new cleats to the > mast yet? > > Rich Cottrell > > --- "Smith, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> Anybody have guidance/opinion regarding location of >> track for a small spinnaker car for the M15? >> Presently there's a fixed whisker pole ring on the >> mast, but it's weak and I thought I might as well >> spring for the ability to adjust the pole height as >> long as I'm going to replace it. Or, as is my >> habit, am I going to extremes again... t >> >> Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle >> Sandpoint, Idaho >> M15-345, Chukar >> M17-064, Unnamed >> >> >> >> >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Steve R. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] >> Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:25 AM >> To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats >> Subject: M_Boats: Suggested Web Vendor >> >> >> I am not trying to steal anyone's beer money here, >> but I am aware of a web based merchandise service >> that imprints apparel, license plate frames, >> frisbees, mugs, steins and more. I learned of this >> site when they were the merchandise vendor for a >> past SAAB Owners Convention. >> >> Here is a link to the products for that convention: >> >> http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=soc02prereg >> >> And a link to how to set up an on-line store: >> >> http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/ >> >> There are no up-front costs to set up a store. No >> minimum order or inventory considerations. Just >> upload a logo and select which merchandise you want >> to sell. The cost of the merchandise is listed. >> The owner of a store sets the selling price. An >> additional commission is paid for sales of over $250 >> a month. I suggest the earnings go to supporting >> the MSOG web site. >> >> However, to do this we need, as someone pointed out, >> the permission of Jerry and Bob and maybe the estate >> of Lyle Hess. We may also need to form a non-profit >> organization to channel the funds to MSOG and avoid >> tax liabilities from sales. Is there an attorney in >> the house? >> >> What do you all think? >> >> steve >> >> Steve R. >> M-15 #119 >> Lexington, KY >> >> _______________________________________________ >> > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats >> >> >> This message was scanned for viruses!! >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > > > _______________________________________________ > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats This message was scanned for viruses!! _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
