Craig

You don't have to use epoxy; you can use boat resin and mat.
(this is for filling large gouges or deep scrapes. etc)
I would sand and fill the deep parts with wet mat; let it stick up over the top; sand flush when its almost hard then use this method to finish up:



http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/02.htm


Fair winds,

Bob


Honshells wrote:

I've lost gelcoat from sections of my hull below the waterline:  A section about the 
size of a stick of gum
near the bow, and one a little bigger than a silver dollar on the front of the 
stub-keel.

I'm no D-I-Y'er . . . I've never tried gelcoat repair.  Am I safe using epoxy to fill 
the gouged sections
(only millimeters deep, but exposing 'glass cloth), or should I repair it the way it 
was built?

I don't really have the time or money to have this professionally done, but I don't 
want to make the situation
worse with a sloppy home repair.



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats





_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to