I have used (on the Monty 8 and Bayliner) and am using the colored Gel Coat
repair stuff - like they sell at WM and Boater's World (WM doesn't always
have stock on plain white). I have at least two left thumbs, but it usually
comes out ok.
ga

----- Original Message -----
From: "Honshells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 6:23 PM
Subject: M_Boats: gelcoat repair


>
> I've lost gelcoat from sections of my hull below the waterline:  A section
about the size of a stick of gum
> near the bow, and one a little bigger than a silver dollar on the front of
the stub-keel.
>
> I'm no D-I-Y'er . . . I've never tried gelcoat repair.  Am I safe using
epoxy to fill the gouged sections
> (only millimeters deep, but exposing 'glass cloth), or should I repair it
the way it was built?
>
> I don't really have the time or money to have this professionally done,
but I don't want to make the situation
> worse with a sloppy home repair.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to