I wouldn't do it.  Busca was rear-ended once.  Had the motor been on, I
would have had a hard time going sailing that day.

The car had a nice deep groove down the center of it's hood.  Busca's
gelcoat was scuffed.

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 11:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M_Boats: Towing with motor attached


The M-17 I just purchased has had the outboard left on while towing for the 
past 12 years. I cannot see any problems caused by this, however, I'll guess

it's not a recommended practice. Luckily 12 years amounted to just a couple 
thousand actual road miles.
'92 has a very solid motor bracket. Is anyone doing this?
I would think it could cause separation at the deck to hull attachment in
the 
stern above the mount.
Bill M-17 SF Bay 
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to