Rik,
 
Our boom will just fit inside the cabin on our M-15 (#407) if I raise it up a bit so 
that one end goes up into the peak of the bow. I don't have to raise it up much, just 
a bit. Once it is inside I can move it over to one side of the cabin.
 
Randy G.
 

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Rik Sandberg
Sent: Fri 8/13/2004 1:02 PM
To: Montgomery list
Subject: M_Boats: Boom length



Hello M list,

Been looking at the pictures on the M-15 site and have come to the
conclusion that the booms on new M-15s are longer than the boom on my M-15.
I wonder, can everybody else get their boom into their cabin? Mine will go
inside by about an inch.

I'm asking because either my sail is a bit large, or my boom is a bit
short. When I pull my main outhaul up tight there is barely any space at
all left between the leech cringle and the eye at the end of the boom. In
fact, it might be that I could pull the outhaul further (not much) if I had
more room.

Haven't measured the boom yet, guess I should have before I asked the question.

Rik

 


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to