John Harris may or may not respond, and certainly used "Chimpanzee" more
than I have yet, but I bought the boat and the Honda 2 last year. The boat
does retain the fixed mount, and certainly the outboard will not lock when
just tilted. I've not put much effort into determining whether or not it
will lock up when tilted and rotated, but it would be a close thing anyway
if it does. Next time I mount the outboard I'll try to remember to test it
out.

--
John Tyner
M-15 "Chimpanzee"

-----Original Message-----
From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.com]On Behalf Of David Wood
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M_Boats: Yamaha 2.5HP on M15 w/fixed mount?


Thanks to all who have responded to my question so far. I'm still not
sure which way to go, especially if Yamaha is considering a long shaft
version of the 2.5. The tilt lock situation is a little disconcerting
too. On the MSOG site there's a picture of John Harris's "Chimpanzee"
with what appears to be a Honda on the fixed mount, and it seems to be
locked in the tilted position, and also appears to be rotated. I gather
that John has sold his boat, but I wonder if he still lurks here and
might provide details. John? You out there?

David

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
David W. Wood   -=-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
1981 M15   -=-  Hull #163


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to