Bill,

Rod, the previous owner, had the following solution:

He closed up the original spread section of the groove and opened up a new
one BELOW the normal operating position of the boom.

When setting up, I feed the slugs all in and then the gooseneck slide and
raise it up towards its normal operating position.  A stop (slug w/
thumbscrew) below the gooseneck keeps it from falling down.  A line to the
mast foot holds the boom from raising when the sail is hoisted.  Sounds
complicated but it works pretty well.

I'll get the measurements for you hopefully by the weekend.

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: track lube


Tod,
My main is at the sail shop having the second set of reef points installed 
(SF-Bay Winds).
So, there's no hurry, but if you could do a measurement it would be 
wonderful. 
I agree on the slugs. So much easier to deal with. 
Did you put a gate or a stop at the bottom so you can flake the sail? Bill
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to