Yes, I discovered, by experimentation, this past Spring that buffing before 
using
Penetrol yields a much better result.  Unfortunately, I never buffed as 
thoroughly as
I'd have liked, so hope to rectify that Spring '05 . . . But I think Penetrol 
can
enhance the shine in a way that polishes and waxes alone won't . . .

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Larry E Yake
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 12:40 AM
Subject: Montgomery sailboat list

  The penatrol will give you a nice satin sheen, but you'll still need to
remove the oxidation first on that dark hull.  Penatrol seems to "treat"
the gel coat, like Armour All on vinyl, restoring the original luster.
To get a real high gloss shine, there's no substitute for buffing,
polishing, and waxing.  Penatrol is just a lot easier, but the key is
still the prep work.  Although Tullamore's hull looks great in pictures,
there are some blotchy areas where the deeper oxidation wasn't removed
completely. As soon as the weather warms enough, I'll be wet sanding and
then rebuffing the hull to take care of that, along with patching some
nicks in the gel coat.
Larry

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to