Gilbert,

Busca's t-bolts were a dead ringer for the ones in the West catalog; her
tops
are not that large, just 1/4".  That diameter works pretty well because then
the
gap between the clevis ears isn't excessively larger than the thickness of
the chainplates.

Sounds like you have oddball t-bolts.  Are your chainplates really heavy
too?

When setting Busca up one of the first times, I found (the hard way) that
the t-bolts can
bend if the shrouds are allowed to flop over to the sides out of position
while the mast
is being raised.  Now, I always check them prior to hoisting.

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gilbert Landin
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:47 PM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: Re: M_Boats: turnbuckles


I am replacing my t-bolts on my shrouds, it looks like all of them have some

bend to them, some more then others. Anyway Im trying to figure the specs. I

went to west marine, they sell the whole turnbuckle. I was able to size mine

with one of theirs. It looks like a 1/4" bolt . My question is the t-top of 
my bolt measures 1/2" in diameter, thats twice the size as anything they 
have in the same bolt size. Looking thru internet vendors they list a 
"pin/jaw width" size of 1/4" which is kind of standard on the different 
sites. Has anyone that has changed t-bolts on a M-17 remeber having to 
downgrade to 1/4" pins?

gilbert 


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to