Fred

I just sent you some photos of how the system works.

Fair winds
Bob Eeg

Frederick M Berthrong wrote:

Re the raisable rudder,

Ever since I got my M17 hull number 300 I have read and see photos of the
raisable rudder. I'm not talking about the kick up rudder but the outfit
that allows the rudder to slide upward to clear the ground while on the
trailer. My M17 did not come with such a contraption. Is the hardware
available from somewhere?


Thanks.

Fred Berthrong Dulce, M17 #300


On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:02:00 -0800 Larry E Yake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:


This question is for Jerry or anyone who has experience with both the old
style M17 rudder with the "stepped forward" leading edge below the hull,
and the newer style "straight edge" raiseable rudder.


I have the older style and am in the process of refinishing and resealing
it. The seam between the main body of the rudder and the attached leading
edge portion (with 3 - 1/2" wood dowels) had opened and was allowing
moisture into the wood. In order to reseal it, I have removed it to clean
the surfaces. I am wondering if this would be a good time to convert it
to the raiseable "straight edge" type. It has been an inconvenience a few
times not being able to raise the rudder, but it is my understanding that
the "stepped forward" rudder was the original Lyle Hess design to better
balance the helm. It certain is well balanced. My question is how much
balance would I lose going to the newer design?


Thanks,
Larry Yake
M17, #200
Tullamore

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats





_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to