Gary,

I'll tell you, I've never kept a boat in a slip, so I'm sure someone else
could be much more helpful about how to coat the rudder.

I'd be inclined to mix wood sanding dust in epoxy to fill nicks.

I used Poliglow on the hull.  It was pretty easy to apply (although the faux
lapstrakes don't help matters) and so far I'm happy with it, although I only
applied it last spring so I don't know how I'll like it over the long term.

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 2:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: i'm confused by the . . .


Tod/ M boaters

 
Im am going to redo my rudder this spring. I keep the 17 in a slip so the  
rudder will be painted. Do I need to do anymore than just sand her smooth or
do  
I need to varnish before she is painted. 
 
Also any ideas on what I might use to fill in the  small nicks/scratches ? 
The plan is to:      sand her smooth
                            fill in where needed
                            sand again
                            apply bottom paint
 
Does this cover it or did I miss something? Thanks for your help
 
Gary
 
also Tod  What did you use on your hull, she looked good in Sept at  the
Hess 
Fest
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to