Rachel,
Oops, you're right. Looks like Maria Jorge gets the credit;
"Starboard is the copyright name of marine grade polymer sheets
commonly used
in the marine industry in place of teak on boats. It is easy to work
with
using standard tools, stands up to UV rays and is practically
maintenance
free. Here is the website: www.kingstarboard.com. West Marine carries
it but
it is expensive. I would look around for other sources such as someone
who
sells plastic sheeting. It will never have the beauty of teak but I like
the fact that it is maintenance free. Re-doing the teak toerails and
other
trim on my M17 has been enough work. The tan color contrasts nicely
with the
vertical teak trim on the companionway."
Maria
Well, at least I got the Gender right. BTW, I found a place that sells
teak in small quantities (plywood and lumber) at reasonable prices.
Check out www.buckwoodcraft.com. Also, Marisafe.com is the best place
to buy starboard.
--Bob
On Jun 16, 2005, at 7:28 PM, Rachel wrote:
On Jun 16, 2005, at 9:19 PM, Bob Olson wrote:
So, after two months of fixing and adding stuff to my new (old) Monty
15, I think I'm finally ready to put it in some water....
-- Built new hatchboards (thanks Rachel for your Starboard
suggestion)
Hi Bob,
Your M-15 looks great! I don't think it would have been me suggesting
Starboard for your hatches though - must be someone else who should
get the credit.
Happy sailing!
--- Rachel
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats