Don,

I agree with Randy's comment.

When I first started sailing my M15 I thought it was a
problem as well.  There are many recommendations
around about forcing sponges under the splash guard
(lower wooden block on cockpit sole, pennant passes
through). 
This does reduce it but I would like the water to go
out rather than in.

I have the cockpit configuration with the deep storage
on one side and I had lots of heavy stuff in it. 

With the heavy stuff in the cockpit locker, motor on
transom two people in the boat sitting aft, the cocpit
sole will have a lot of water in it due to the low
stern.

Get the weight forward, captain and crew as far
forward as comfortable - get tiller extension.

I have even taken to keeping a 2 - 4 gallons of water,
in jugs in the bow to counter balance or I will move
my  30 lbs of anchors up there as well. The boat
actually handles a little better with the weight
forward.

Since then I never get more than a quart or so in the
cockpit while beating to weather in rough conditions.

NO WOODEN PLUGS REQUIRED or DESIRED.

Thanks

Doug

--- RandyG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Don,
>  
> We sailed M15 #407 for many years. On our 15 the
> cockpit drained through the opening for the
> centerboard rope. That was the only place for water
> to drain out of the cockpit. . 
>  
> We did have water come up the pennant hole in rough
> conditions, but if you keep the weight forward on
> the 15 then the water would drain back out pretty
> quickly. My guess would be to move weight forward on
> you 15 such that any water coming up through the
> drain would go right back out.
>  
> Randy Graves
> M17 #410
> 
> ________________________________
> 
> From:
>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



                
____________________________________________________ 
Yahoo! Sports 
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football 
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to