Sandra,

When extending the trailer tongue, I found it easier to simply disconnect
the hitch from the car, pull the car ahead, extend the tongue, replace the
pins and reconnect the hitch. Be sure to put something fore and aft  the
trailer tires to keep the wheels from rolling. The tongue could be extended
while attached to the hitch, but pulling the locking pins out under any load
at all would be difficult, and pulling the car to the exact point that the
holes line up (+/- 1/16th inch) is a pain, even when one is driving while
someone else is shouting instructions  to go forward or backward. Even when
extending the tongue while attached to the hitch, chock the wheels. One of
my most embarrassing moments was pulling the pins and launching the boat
with trailer attached. Needless to say, it's best done on level ground.
Also, Sandra, if you have an SUV ( as I recall, you do) that has a rear
hatch, you will find it much easier to back-up looking at your trailer over
your right shoulder through the opened rear hatch.

Clarence Andrews

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Seawitch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: M_Boats: Trailor tongue extension


> Hi all,
> Now that someone has raised the subject of the trailor extension, I have
questions about the steps involved in using it.  At what point in the launch
process do you extend it?  Do you have to drop the trailor jack and
disconnect from the tow vehicle to extend it?  Does it making backing up
more difficult?  I might have used it this summer when lake levels dropped
and I found myself backing the truck further and further into the salty
water.  Finally gave up going since I didn't want to ruin the truck with all
the salt getting on it.  Appreciate any help you guys can give me.
>
>
> Time for a cool change!
>     Sandra(Seawitch #617)
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to