Thanks Tim..! And on the same subject. Not that this is too much a secret as 
most sailors have already heard of the series already, there are the incredible 
and wonderful tales of Travis Magee as written by John MacDonald. There are 
twenty something in all and each a wonderful tale of mystery, deception, 
murder, drugs, etc.
 
While the main character Travis Magee isn't a sailor, he does live on his boat 
in a Florida marina and the stories always center in and around water life. 
Fantastic stuff and have the Jimmy Buffet seal of approval... ;)
 
Ashley
M15 # 478
Morgan Hill, CA
 


----- Original Message ----
From: Tim Diebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2007 7:18:22 AM
Subject: M_Boats: Reading Material


By the time winter really settles in around these parts I am usually 
reading constantly
with no break between books and often reading two or more at a time.
No, I did remember that is the Monty list, but I thought I would share a 
newly discovered
(for me of course) author that some of you might find interesting. His 
name is Paul Garrison.
An easy name to remember as it is the same as a bass player I 
occasionally play with.

Anyway, Mr. Garrison writes what some folks might refer to as  novels.
I read novels, I read stories. I just don't happen to care if it is 
fictional or real. A good story is a
good story. ~:0)

Mr. Garrison writes about action, people,  people in peril, mainly 
adventure, often with some regular
dude saving the world....usually way out there adventure. But what is 
best about this particular author
is that he is a sailor.....a real knowledgeable chap.
I have read (I think) four of his books so far this winter and they all 
take place on the water. Tones of sailing
in all conditions in many different styles of boats. Accurate and 
precise. A great combination to my readers
mind.  Winter.....reading.....reading about sailing.....usually in warm 
places and lots of action and adventure.

Although I hate to admit publicly I have read Clive Cussler.....much 
like his books without the never aging almost super hero
status of his two perpetual characters.

If you are interested.

Tim   (always wondering if I will remember how to sail come Spring 
time.....)   Diebert
Kelowna BC
M17 #369 'PUFF'


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


 
____________________________________________________________________________________
Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check. 
Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to