Jim,


The early Monty 15 came with 275 lbs of ballast with a CB of approx. 40 lbs.  
During my research and lurking here on the MSOG board I believe Jerry was quite 
please with the 275 lbs of ballast in the 15s.  I believe only on the 23 did he 
feel that the boat was a bit too tender and needed a little extra weight.  Sean 
is busy in the San Juan right now, but he would be a good resource since he 
spoke to Jerry when doing his ballast replacement.  If your lucky, maybe Jerry 
or Bob with reply and give you the definitive answer.  Also, keep in mind when 
adding the ballast and sealing it up with resin, to compensate for the 
additional weight of the resin.  The smaller the boat the bigger the 
difference weight play.  Also, keep it balanced from left to right.  (Just my 2 
cents worth) 



Man, I don't envy you.  I noticed your boat is #205.  I own #201, which means I 
might be spending this weekend checking out my CB.  



Skip

M-15 #201       


-----Original Message-----
From: jim sadler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats <[email protected]>
Sent: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 2:45 am
Subject: M_Boats: M-15 Ballast



A ny thoughts on how much ballast should be in M-15. I removed 150 lbs 
of steel punchings during keel surgery. I am thinking of replacing 
with 300 lbs of lead. This seem to be the amount used in the latest 
versions of M-15 
 
Captain Jim 
Sailing vessel Pelican 
M-15 #205 
 
_______________________________________________ 
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats 


________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from 
AOL at AOL.com.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to