Jim- I watched the guys pretty carefully on things like that- are you sure
that you caught all the removed ballast?  Another thing; The 270 lbs
included the trim ballast under the forward berth; it's the big lump just
forward of the bulkhead but I think it was only about 50 lbs.

Jerry
jerrymontgomery.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "jim sadler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: M-15 Ballast


> Skip
>
> I bought the Pelican ( M-15 #205) in 1982 new in Newport Beach.  It
> has been a great little boat.  Istill love the Pelican even after the
> keel surgery.  I might even work it out to be buried in her,
>
> I ordered a new centerboard from Bob and asked him about the ballast.
> He said that they put about 300 lbs in the new boats.
>
> I cant figure out why there was only 150 lbs of ballast in the
> Pelican.  Maybe at some point Jerry decided to up the weight. Jeyy are
> you out there?
>
> Well I am planning to install about 300 lbs of  lead.
>
> The Pelican  might meet Davy Jones on launch day.
>
> Skip
>
> Do yourself a favor and inspect your CB.  I would even suggest that
> you purchase a new one (lead) from Bob. It would be cheap insurance
>
> Captain Jim Sadler
> sailing vessel Pelican (M-15 #205)
>
> On 6/4/07, jim sadler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > A ny thoughts on how much ballast should be in M-15. I removed 150 lbs
> > of steel punchings during keel surgery.  I am thinking of replacing
> > with 300 lbs of lead. This seem to be the amount used in the latest
> > versions of M-15
> >
> > Captain Jim
> > Sailing vessel Pelican
> > M-15 #205
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
>
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.7/830 - Release Date: 6/3/2007
12:47 PM
>
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to