M15 theoretical hull speed is 4.8 knots. The Honda 2hp only has one size prop available as far as I know, and it works pretty well on the M15. If you back off the throttle to about 4 knots, you can get ~28 nautical miles per gallon in calm waters.

--Gary Hyde
2005 M17 sailboat #637 'Hydeaway 2'
We can't change the wind, but we can trim our sails.


On Aug 29, 2007, at 12:24 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:


In a message dated 8/29/2007 11:24:59 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Thanks for all of the great advise on outboard motors. I have narrowed it
down to  4 cycle, long shaft, 2 to 3 HP.

Have any of you skippers used a special prop on the motor? Seems like the prop pitch and diameter needs to match the the shaft RPM, motor power curve and the M-15 haul speed. What is the haul speed of M-15? Since the Pelican
is still in keel  surgery I have no way to make a speed run.

sincerely
Captain Jim  Sadler
skipper sailing vessel Pelican  M-15



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



I doubt that prop pitch is very important on such a light boat. Those
considerations are more for a heavy displacement  yacht.



************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all- new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to