Arnold...
   
  I have the exact same outboard. Mine was the one that was not running so well 
a few weeks ago because of varnish problems and old fuel (heck, it wasn't 
running at all). After a carb clean she is running like a champ. And now she 
has Sta-bil in her so we are good to go. 
   
  I just went to Lake Tahoe a couple weeks ago and it was glassy for part of 
the day so i used the outboard a bit. I would guess that i ran dry after about 
20 minutes or so... that said, i guess i can go about an hour on a gallon of 
gas. I am considering getting the external hose attachment for just such an 
occasion as i purchased this setup for harbor use only. 
   
  Sailing Lake Tahoe... does it get any better than that? What a beautiful 
place!!!
   
  Jeff
  M17 #336

Arnold Sharpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hey out there in Monty land'
I have a M-17 with a 4 hp, 4 stroke, Nissan outboard. It has an 
internal fuel tank that holds about 1/3 of a gallon. While I don't do 
a lot of motoring, I have been trying to figure roughly how long I can 
run on a tank of gas. I don't have a manual and I can't find anything 
on Nissan"s web page. The tank is poly and is really odd shaped so 
tank calibration is not a possibility additionally, to sight the tank I 
must shut down and remove the remove the cover. Short of doing a 
test in which I run around in circles until I run out of gas, does 
anyone out there have the same motor and some similar experience. 
Thanks..Arnold on M-17 "LITTLE BREEZE"


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to