I finally switched to a chart-plotting GPS in preparation for a kayak  
trip along the Georgia coast, where there are lots of back channels,  
creeks and rivers to navigate when it's too rough outside. I bought  
the Garmin GPS 478, a relatively small, waterproof unit with a  
generous screen, and I love it. In addition to having preloaded  
charts of all coastal and Great Lakes waters, it also has road maps  
and works in your car.

Check it out at:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=148&pID=402

Gordon
M-17


On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:44 AM, jim sadler wrote:

> Ahoy Skippers
>
> This weekend we rounded the W. end of Catalina (on my cousins  
> Catalina 310)
> at midnight a sailed into Catalina harbor.  My old GPS gave me  
> fixes which I
> plotted onto a chart to see our track and make sure we were not going
> aground.  There was no visibility and I found myself hallucinating  
> in the
> night and spending way too much time plotting our track.
>
> I decided if we make it through this and  I could get back to the  
> form I
> would ask you skippers if you are using GPS systems with plotting
> capabilities?
>
> What are the hot systems?
>
> Capt,n James A Sadler
> skipper sailing vessel Pelican M15
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to