Sailnet has an even better price on the Garmin 540s right now,  
including depth sounder transducer.
--gary
On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:19 AM, William Larson wrote:

> Jim:
>
>  Oh, almost forgot, a couple of links that may help 
> https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=148&pID=8053 
>  for specs on the Garmin products and http://gpsonsale.com/ 
> index.html for an on-line store that offers substantial discounts  
> from list on the plotters.
>
>  Bill
>
> William Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Jim:
>
> If you can use a hard wired unit, the Garmin GPSMAP 420 and 520, (4"  
> and 5" screens), plotters have the capability of using the BlueChart  
> g2 Vision SD card which will give you "auto guidance" and 3D map  
> view features. They also support DSC communication with a capable  
> VHF radio.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
> Bill Larson M17 #632
>
> jim sadler wrote:
> Ahoy Skippers
>
> This weekend we rounded the W. end of Catalina (on my cousins  
> Catalina 310)
> at midnight a sailed into Catalina harbor. My old GPS gave me fixes  
> which I
> plotted onto a chart to see our track and make sure we were not going
> aground. There was no visibility and I found myself hallucinating in  
> the
> night and spending way too much time plotting our track.
>
> I decided if we make it through this and I could get back to the  
> form I
> would ask you skippers if you are using GPS systems with plotting
> capabilities?
>
> What are the hot systems?
>
> Capt,n James A Sadler
> skipper sailing vessel Pelican M15
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to