Sorry I don't have any photos of my cutting the shallow locker out (STBD side) 
to gain access to the space below on my M15.

After doing the cutting, around the flat lip, I epoxied supports to the 
underside of the cutout area in the hull so that I could drop in the shallow 
locker.  That way I had the best of both worlds:  the shallow locker area for 
small stuff, but when I lifted it out, I could stow large items (Bimini, extra 
cockpit cushions; my emergency paddle; etc.  ( my PORT sail locker went to the 
bottom of the hull.

I also put a closed cell adhesive foam tape on the inside of the sail locker 
lids to make them waterproof.

I had latches on the sail lockers so that they could be locked with a pad lock 
when away from the boat (ABUS will sell you three small all brass locks all 
keyed the same.  One key opens all three locks).

I fitted them so that the latches stayed firmly in place while sailing, but 
could be pulled off the hasp for access to the sail locker.

This way I had sealed sail locker lids, that were lockable.

Worked great.

Connie
ex M15  #400  LEPPO

----- Original Message ----
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, March 3, 2008 3:10:16 PM
Subject: M_Boats: Wet Lockers question - Looking for Connie Bennick


  
  
I'm 
looking 
for 
pictures 
of 
the 
whole 
process 
of 
cutting 
out 
a 
locker 
for 
the 
purpose 
of 
expanded 
storage.  
If 
anyone 
has 
pictures 
of 
a 
completed 
project 
to 
include 
a 
good 
way 
to 
stop 
water 
intrusion 
below 
deck, 
I'd 
like 
to 
see 
them.  
I 
understand 
cutting 
the 
locker 
off.  
I'm 
looking 
for 
the 
rest 
of 
the 
story...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kendall 
M-15 
#164
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to