On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:52:13PM -0800, Karen Etheridge wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 01:45:18AM +0100, Dmitry Karasik wrote:
> > ...I have no idea how to work around these problems...
> > This means that I welcome patches and advices that would not only help me
> > fix
> > the rest of incompatibilities for today, but also would be in sync with the
> > main ideology of Moose.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the advice that was being
> offered earlier today, that you were taking offense to?

Not quite, that wasn't so much advice but criticism of the way I choose to
differentiate between list and scalar contexts, which has nothing in common
with Moose ideology. I on the contrary was seeking help with Moose, not perl
programming.

What I mean here that I agree that all use cases that Stevan enumerated break
the code, and even though that I might be able to implement module in such a
way that they work, I'm completely unsure that this way would be a good way to
do so.  Also, if it takes a week of my time to figure that out, and (as I hope)
it is obvious for core developers, I naturally hope for a small patch. The
problem is also that I don't know all Moose's possibilities and guidelines, and
I can't tell whether a particular functionality can be implemented easily or
not.

--
Sincerely,

        Dmitry Karasik