Thanks Barry!

I think you meant to link here https://github.com/kamicane/art . Not sure
what's happening here but an uneducated guess is that the development of
Art has moved along to CommonJs. I'm guessing using Prime with the elements
and Art library could be a solution for the future though.

This is enough for me to assume that there is no additional need for an SVG
plugin since Art has been around (under my radar) for years. What I'll do
is streamline the working copy I've got now and perhaps in the future add
the diagram manipulation code to Forge as a specific use case instead of as
a library for generic SVG handling.

Tor Viktorsson

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:35:28 PM UTC+2, Barryvan wrote:

> Have you had a look at Art [1]? It's a MooTools project that's actually
> very stable -- I've been using a graphing library I built using Art in
> production for over two years now, without any issues. I'd probably start
> from there and build on that.
>
> [1] https://github.com/sebmarkbage/art
>
> Barry van Oudtshoorn
> http://barryvan.com.au/
> bvanoud...@gmail.com <javascript:>
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Tor <tor.vik...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>>wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I'm working on a web application with support for drawing diagrams. I've
>> looked into Raphael but I don't like the syntax and want to create a
>> solution that is more in synch with MooTools.
>>
>> So I'm thinking about writing an SVG plugin for MooTools and post it on
>> Forge to perhaps get some added feedback but before I get too deep into
>> development I'd like to run a couple of things by you guys.
>>
>> First off I'm having to add Element support for SVG elements that as far
>> as I can see is not supported at the moment because of the lack of
>> namespace handling on Elements.
>> I'm currently solving this by adding a SvgElement class which is
>> basically a copy of document.newElement and the Element constructor minus
>> the support for IE8 and older that does not have SVG support anyways.
>>
>> Secondly I need Drag support for these SvgElements which means the
>> modifiers for the dragged element has to be x.baseVal.value and
>> y.baseVal.value because of the nature of SVG elements.
>> Now I've again just made a copy of the Drag class and refurbished the
>> code to support SVG. As a lazy developer I find this solution sufficient
>> for the job but in every other aspect I feel like a butcher.
>>
>> Is there a better approach I could take instead of the crude copy and
>> paste and is there anyone else that have any interest in SVG support in
>> the style of MooTools or is it a wasted endeavor?
>>
>> Sincerely
>>  Tor Viktorsson
>>  Ã…skvigg
>>
>> ps. Any MooTools users in Stockholm out there?
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---

---