I inherited this from the developer that I replaced two months ago.  For
every other custom created class (datagrids, etc.) the "var win = this"
works fine, but I will give the "self" a shot to see if that makes any
difference.  If not, then the vanilla js will (hopefully) be a band-aid
solution until the issue is resolved.

Everything is (AFAIK) same origin/domain; I cannot think of any part of
this web app that reaches to any other domain for anything.  We don't even
use a CDN for MooTools; it's a local document.

Thank you,

JD