hi,
I must admit that, as joomla users, we have been experiencing bumpy roads
lately (j!2.5 to j!3.15. to j!3.2.1).
And what's related to this thread is the slow shift from mootools to jquery
as the main JS library of this CMS.

But, as Aaron said earlier, your pb is not really Mootools stuff, it has to
do :
A - with how the library is now called within JOOMLA :
JHtml::_('behavior.framework'); //only mootools-core
JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true); // mootools-core AND mootools-more

B - the updates of the JOOMLA extensions, ie RokNavMenu

"I have searched Mootools-Core and many other files and can find no
reference to "JHtml_ "Anything""
This being a typical joomla question,
I'd be happy to help if you post on joomla.org (and report here the url of
your post)

--

---