I am in the same boat as Rolf - basicly useless to contribute anything.  I
love MooTools and have only been using it for about 2 years now.  I am
fairly unplugged from "the world" so blissfully unaware of the "battle"
between MooTools and gayQuery and have developed a strong dislike based
solely on my personal experience with it.

Recently I accidently purchased a PHP calendar class for a client project
and failed to realize it used jQuery for display effects.  (it was only
$25.00)  but I really like it, only now I am fighting with the stupidest
stuff I have ever seen, unable to click on a button in a small popup
window. . .  I hate jQuery, but where can I go?

For now I will continue to use MooTools because it is awesome, compact and
just works!  I would however also like to be pro-active and begin to learn
something new to replace it.

--

---