Funny you should say that JR... after several incredibly frustrating
transactions with AOL users the last few weeks, we are certainly going
to put a note on all our auctions to the effect that AOL users may
experience difficulties completing their transaction.
Barring AOL users is drastic, but you are not wrong in what you say.

I guess the thing that is irritating/frustrating is that so many AOL
users think that it's everyone else's fault, not the fact that they are
using an ISP that is basically censoring their mail. Like I said earlier
(probably not read by most AOL users because it's hit or miss whether
they see MoPo posts now) isn't this under the heading of free speech issues.

Like, d'uh folks - wake up. You are paying for a service that is using a
discriminatory marketing tactic that is stopping you doing business...
so why on earth are you continuing to support it?

Phil

J R wrote:

If AOL wants to play hardball, the rest of the internet community
should respond in kind. I can guarantee you that if the majority of
sellers on eBay started putting in notices on their auctions that they
would no longer accept bids from users with AOL addresses (and explain
why) that the AOL users themselves would very quickly force AOL to get
its act together and start playing nice with everyone else.

But that won't happen. The mortal terror of missing that bid from an
AOL user... even with all the hassle it now entails... will keep most
sellers accepting bids from AOL users. Which is exactly what AOL is
counting on. They think they are now big enought that they can dictate
to the industry, just as Microsoft does. They're probably right.

Friends don't let friends use AOL.

-- JR

*/Phil Edwards Cinema Arts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    Yeah, I got it too.
    Phil

http://mail.yahoo.com