federal law requires that mail order buyers must have a period within
which to return their purchases if they are not happy with them.
Now while most of us do indeed allow returns, most of us generally
allow 7-10 days to complete such a return.

the federal statute requires... get this folks... 30 days from day of
receipt within which a mail order buyer may be allowed to return
merchandise he/she is unhappy with. Considerably more time than
anyone I know wishes for a return ability on his customers behalf