They appear to hold the payment for up to two weeks (that is, it seems,
they pay you your proceeds twice a month) hardly a satisfactory way to
do business given what little they offer in return.

Paypal has become a nightmare for many sellers outside US. US buyers
have no clue the fees, cross-border fees and the infamous Paypal
exchange rate where they screw another 2-3% out of every dollar when
transferred to your Australian bank account whenever they use Paypal.
And why should they care, they are, after all, just another corporation
solely interested in their bottom line and profits and like the banking
sector (at least in Australia) completely unconcerned with either
customer service or good customer relations.

Now Paypal have just announced to Australian users that ALL Australian
sellers will automatically have their PP accounts changed to Paypal
Australia accounts, making even paying one's eBay fees by Paypal a
further "service" for them to charge on.

No doubt the few Australian sellers who were cheerfully funneling off
Paypal payments into overseas bank accounts to avoid Australian tax and
use it for their trips overseas to do business and holidays in Spain
(and one seller said to me, This is great, it's like having an offshore
bank account! - d'uh) will be somewhat miffed by this latest move by Paypal.

We have been happily using our own Secure Server for payments direct by
VISA and MasterCard for some years and if Paypal keep on this path of
utter greed, we'll be offering special discounts to buyers who use our
payments methods and not Paypal.

Phil

Now JOHN REID Vintage Movie Menorabilia wrote:

Good question Tom. Has anyone used http://www.ccnow.com/sellOnline.html
There surely needs to be some opposition/alternative to paypal.

JOHN REID VINTAGE MOVIE MEMORABILIA
PO Box 92
Palm Beach
Qld 4221