Hi J.R.,

Thanks for the compliment on the selection of lobby cards being offered. In answer to your two questions:

1. In my 9 years of selling on Ebay, I think this is my first time I have EVER tried 10 day auctions. No real rhyme or reason to it other than I wanted to get the auctions up and running but more importantly I wanted them to end on a Monday night - which I think personally (and solely a personal opinion) is the best night for auctions to end. I do not have a shred of evidence to back this up but for me, my auctions seem to do better when they end on a Monday night. I( would love to hear others opinions on this if the care to offer.

2. As far as the music goes, I had fun adding the tunes to a lot of the auctions as it brought back alot of fond memories from those particular films. I think the music adds to why true collectors collect movie memorabilia in the first place: it let's us have our own personal piece from that film and it lets us hold on to or revisit probably a happy place or time in our life. I'm sorry if the music is tinny or annoying or repetative and I don't have a great suggestion other than maybe turn the volume down on the computer or your speakers.
 To stop the music from playing over and over, in the HTML code, you have the word "infinte" that can be removed and then it would only play once. That is a GREAT suggestion and any future auctions, I will eliminate that word. Thanks for the tip - it's a good one.

Sincerely,

Dave Smith
Reel Deals
1010 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13203

Days: 315-424-0218
Nights: 315-487-6606

David,

Nice selection of card sets at super starting prices... just two questions:

Why 10-day auctions? I have never understood the rationale behind them. When I see an auction 9 or 10 days out I promptly move on, thinking "I'll check back later when it's closer to closing..." but often don't remember to do so.

How do you turn off the music on your auction pages? When trying to evaluate and make a decision on if I want to bid or not, having tinny music constantly cycling in my head is distracting and somewhat irritating (at least to me). Maybe if the tune just played once when the page is first opened and then stopped?

-- JR, in a curmudgeonly mood...

(Sorry - the first one got sent too soon)

Hello All:

I have decided to put up on Ebay some of my finest lobby sets that I have from the 70's and 80's. Some GREAT titles including TAXI DRIVER, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, LAST TANGO IN PARIS, TERMNATOR and many many more. ALL are starting at 99 CENTS!!! All have NO RESERVE. All will be sold (if someone bids on them!). Check the list below  and CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK IF YOUR NERVOUS ABOUT BIDDING!!

Sincerely,

Dave Smith
Reel Deals

CHATTER BOX - a woman's singing private parts? - 1977 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60306&item=7617015322