Fake inserts, LAMP's reply to my questionI am absolutely sure they are fake and
were not produced for use in conjunction with exhibition of the films they
represent - which is what real movie posters are actually produced for.

When these first surfaced in Australia, the Sydney movie poster store that was
selling them tried to sell them to me as the real deal. Obviously, after so
many years (many more than this joker had) handling movie paper it was obvious
that the paper for these inserts was wrong, the printing lacked a certain
finish and the whole thing didn't even pass a good sniffing test (don't all
laugh.... it's still the best way to check a STAR WARS one sheet original!) I
didn't need to start comparing how some of them had different art crops to
absolutely bona fide originals.

He finally owned up they were what they were - repros, and that there was an
inexhaustible supply of them.

This was the same dealer who confidently bought STAR WARS hairy belt repros and
sold them for originals on the basis that people wouldn't know the difference.
$5 each to buy, and sold for anything from $200 - $300 each, depending on how
big the sucker who walked through the door was.

I can't believe we (mostly some of the other dinosaurs who graze here) are even
having this discussion yet again about minty white inserts and trying to
attribute credibility to them in any way, shape or form.
Phil