As a lover of good musicals and good theatre I'd like to suggest that "1776" is
one of a few musicals (no others leap immediately to mind) that would benefit
mightily by the removal of ALL the musical numbers!  I saw it on Broadway, saw
it on tour and saw the film-- and I was unable to recall a single tune as soon
as the curtain closed. And, what is more, they always stopped the show cold!
  But, sorry, Roger..... I'm afraid that without John Adams you'd have to scrap
the whole project.
  And it won a Pulitzer Prize???!!!???

  Joe B (cringing in New Orleans)

Roger Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    If I'm allowed to revisit this topic...

  I finally got around to renting "The Howards of Virginia," and I think it's
an entertaining Revolutionary War era film. I'm not convinced, however, that
Cary Grant belongs in a historical film. I think he may have cheated on his
screen test.

  I also like much of "1776," but I think the scenes involving John Adams' wife
are incredibly dull. I think the studio needs to come out with a "Platinum
Edition" DVD that removes all those scenes.

  -rk